We all know that Content Marketing or writing and posting articles can get you huge volumes of traffic with virtually no advertising budget. But writing articles requires time and effort on your part to produce something of value for the reader. The following blogging tips will help you provide content that either educates or motivates and helps your readers to improve their own marketing skills. This is the best way to increase blog traffic. But don’t waste your time and energy on writing articles that no one sees. The way you ensure your posting is viewed is in the marketing or promotion of your articles. Some refer to this as “seeding.” I like to call it “promoting your content.”
It is important that you don’t overdo it or force the issue. The more things that happen “organically” the longer they will positively effect ranking and over time increase blog traffic. To get things started you will need a little extra effort, but if you are consistent traffic will grow and then you only need to maintain the exposure so that you continue to get exposure. Remember blogging tips can help you reach your goal of having a consistent flow of quality prospects to your funnel system. (MLM Lead System Pro – “Your Lead System”)
First, I will share blogging tips to consider and second, I will point out tools and strategies to increase blog traffic and get it seen by more people.
1) Good Grammar: When writing you must make sure your content is well written with good grammar, punctuation, and of course proper spelling. If needed, hire an editor to clean things up for you. Depending on the kind of editing involved, editors may be expensive but having clean and well-written articles will help your site get the credibility that it needs. Quality content not only will boost your search engine ranking, but will establish your site as a good place to get informed. This will result in returning visitors.
2) Grab Their Attention in the Title: When you entice someone and spur their curiosity you are already halfway to the finish line. Without overselling a claim, you can be clever to swoon them in. One way to work on this is to go online and look at article directories and see which ones catch your eye.
3) Keep things short and concise: You want it to be easy to read, long paragraphs can make your article difficult to read. Keep each paragraph short. 3-5 sentences is plenty. Sometimes I use a single sentence or even a couple of words to make my point. A paragraph can be that short and direct.
4) Make it welcoming to the eye: By using numbers, bullets, indentations, pictures, graphs and board framing you can make the article more interesting and hold the reader’s attention longer while being more effective in getting your point across or understood. A long running block of square matching paragraphs is boring! No one likes that. Make sure that you have a visual representation to accompany the topic or sub-categories. Without going overboard, this will make the article visually appealing to the site viewers.
5) Use headings, subtitles, and photos: Placing sub-titles to grab readers’ attention will make it easy for the reader to move from one point to the next which keeps the transition smooth and easy. It’s true, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” Photos can help the reader visualize your message and intent.
6) Keep their interest beginning to end: Your opening paragraph should include real life experiences that the reader can relate to. Use good descriptions and metaphors to make your point. Graphic examples make it easy for them to imagine what you are talking about. Make the reading experience pleasurable and enjoyable for them.
7) Quote facts and figures when possible: When you include statics and specific facts to support your position, you add credibility to your articles and will be viewed as an expert or authority regarding your subject. Be careful not to make it too complex or formal so you maintain a light and easy read.
8) Consult an expert in your field or topic: It is always a good idea to quote “the expert” in the field as a resource in your articles. Quoting others will lend credibility and authority to your piece. You can also consider hiring industry experts to write the articles themselves, or even better yet, interview them. This can be a unique way to get great content while creating exposure and traffic for the interviewee and then perhaps no fee will be necessary.
As blogging and article marketing has become more of a tool to optimize ranking and get exposure, many now lack in content and are haphazardly done. Too many are sacrificing quality for quantity. This creates the opportunity for you to be a “breath of fresh air” supplying interesting and informative content that’s easy to read and understand. A blog written thoughtfully can quickly separate you from the crowd. So whatever your level of skill might be, complement it by either hiring professionals to write for you, or just be a second set of eyes to edit your copy to insure its integrity.